Sunday, August 3, 2008

warped tour. sighh

i woke up this morning at phil's house and got ready for a day at warped tour.  luckily he decided to come with me, but it was not an easy decision.  hit up target, starbucks, and then the road.  about 30 minutes into our drive we hit heeeeeavy traffic, which was caused by warped tour.  it was only a symbol of what the rest of the day would bring.

all day it was overcast (which I'm actually glad about,) and a little bit boring.  When we first got there, we thought we were being forced to park 2 miles away, so we parked and started walking.  In the walking process we missed norma jean :(.  2 miles later, we get to the front gates where I go to the press/guest list, on which my name is nowhere to be found.  Luckily the lady was totally awesome and helped me out by giving me one anyway.  that's when the music started and the day all kind of runs together in a blur.  there were a few good bands that I saw, including:

family force 5, angels and airwaves, the devil wears prada, 3oh3.  not quite as eventful as I'd hoped, but still a decent time.

to me, this festival is kind of a lost cause.  it's okay for a little while, but really gets old quick.  After you've been to bamboozle, cornerstone, and sonshine, warped tour is really no big deal.  I get really sick of seeing all the "free hugs" shirts, but that's a given at any music festival.  It's more so the attitude that comes with the majority of warped tour-goers.  The booths with pot leaf necklaces and bandanas and the "I heart SLUTS." Maybe it was the seemingly unavoidable four letter word/attention grabber t shirt that is now the status quo. When I sat down for a rest, I lowered my head and said a prayer because i was getting so frustrated.
but, tomorrow's another day.



No comments: