Monday, January 19, 2009

more like the movies

today I shot a band called More like the Movies

i've known two of the guys in this band for awhile, they used to be in a band I shot promos for pretty consistently, and that's how we arranged this. They recently had photos done by the great Sara Kiesling, but wanted to release those when their cd is released. So, for the time being, these will have to do.

This shoot went relatively well/smooth. My good friend Ben was there to help me out a bit, because I wanted to try out some new stuff lighting wise and what I wanted to do would have required a boom arm that I do not have, so he acted as one. for this particular shot my head/camera was basically resting on his arm as he held the ab800 above and pointed down at the subjects. The only bummer of this shoot was when my sb800 got knocked off it's stand. things a tank though, and still works perfect.

There are a few more shots from this I'll be posting, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: