Tuesday, December 2, 2008

EPIC update

wow it's been way too long. many pictures have accrued, and many stories to follow as well.

hmmm where to start!

well, "tis the season" has officially begun in our great tundra of Minnesota. Here, it snows late, but it snows hard. As I drive to work on county roads, I see cars going 25 miles an hour in a 55 mph zone, all while lines of cars who are eager and ready to get to work think it's my fault. Then there are always these bad boys

Snow

ahh the great side dump'r. spitting rocks up left and right, these menaces are all over these county roads, but we've become accustomed to them. We coexist.

on tuesday, the 18th of november, I left for eau claire to visit with some friends and then take a little road trip out to milwaukee.

Welcome

ahh a good two and a half hours after I leave, I am welcomed to eau claire. traffic was horrible, but music always has been a cure for long drives. there is this little bus station in eau claire near where I had plans to meet some friends that has always fascinated me, it's got a very calm aura to it, while it still feels gritty.

eau claire, wi
eau claire, wi

from there, I met with some friends at a cafe in downtown eau claire to work on homework/hang out. little did we know there was an apple orchard in the acoustic cafe!

the apple orchard

after this i stay over at phils, the kid i'm sitting next to on the left, and we watch some conan o brien and kick it for a bit. I wake up at 6 the next morning, shower, and hit the road over to my friend kyle's house. it took me awhile to get there because google maps was a little out dated on some of eau claire's roads or something but got there and figured it out. from there we hit the road, and about 40 minutes into the trip was our first pit stop. PEE BREAK!

94
kyle, that guy can't be enjoying that.

so basically here is how that night went.

kyle and savanna were playing a show at the rave in milwaukee, on a side stage, opening for Secondhand Serenade. We get to the venue just fine, and get checked into the hotel fine too. Everything is peachy. It took me awhile to figure out where I was staying but his parents invited me to stay with them at their hotel, which was super super nice, and I was very appreciative of that. So everything is good, right? yep. Now we get to the juicy part of the story. we're at the show, I've got house pass on my right thigh (very very bad sticker, starts peeling off very easily,) and I'm standing outside, on my phone. As I'm about to walk in, I notice it is gone. After a few minutes of searching I conclude that it must have blown off when I was running across Wisconsin Ave, which is a really busy road and not exactly an easy spot to find anything. From there I text Kyle and ask him to see what he can do, along with texting my friend David who was at another show that was being held at the Rave. After about a half hour David comes down and we may have, what you call, "snuck in." This is great, but I got into the wrong show. After about 25 minutes of sitting there, David and I wander around back stage and I find myself in the right show. Kind of hectic, but it works, right?

from there random "you had to be there" moments happened, and lots of good times were had.

the next morning instead of our intentional waking up time of 6, we wake at 930. a little bit crappy but oh well, it still works. from there we drive down to lake michigan and take some photos and I took some video too, I miss that great lake. get it? it was a good time, and for the first time I honestly missed living in Wisconsin.
milwaukee, wi
Lake Michigan

from here we head to madison and it takes forever to find the street we're looking for but we saw some pretty interesting things along the way. the thing I love about madison is how everyone rides around on scooters, it's really funny.

Scoot on
Madison, Wisconsin
fireman

from there we locked the keys in the car, made a couple extra stops, and did a lot of hanging out. I arrived home at 9:10pm, instead of the attended 12pm, but that's okay with me.

No comments: